Re: ITP: Debian History

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 11:44:48AM +0000, Edward Betts wrote:
> I agree on making it doc, not text, but I disagree on extra. It is unlikely to
> break your system, so it should be optional.

The definition of "extra" is not "it will break your system".
That's project/experimental.

>From Debian Policy Manual v. 3.0.1.1, section 2.2. Priorities:

     `extra'
          This contains packages that conflict with others with higher
          priorities, or are only likely to be useful if you already know
          what they are or have specialized requirements.

I agree, a Debian history document does not qualify for extra, so it
should be optional.

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)