Re: proftpd

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 02:22:24PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

> > Flo (Who does not like this bloat)
>
>     Can we also apply this to packages that have both console and X versions?
> Quite frankly I think it is foolish that vim requires X to run on the console.
> The same with mtr.  Both packages might easily be found on a headless, X-less
> computer running some basic functionality.

I would like to see that - Not even because i dont want to install
xlib6g to have vim - But currently i am trying to bootstrap
debian-mipsel with Joey and we dont have any X so we cant build vim easily.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is