Re: ash/echo/POSIX/SUS

At 09:25 -0500 1999-10-29, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
        Pardon me, then. I was under the delusion that ash was
 actually a useful shell, rather than being a glorified POSIX
 validation suite.

        I'll deprecate ash as a shell, in that case, and look for a
 real shell to use as a /bin/sh (bash makes me uneasy).

        Do we have a non-toy shell to use as /bin/sh replacement then?

pdksh is what OpenBSD uses as /bin/sh. The binary is slightly larger than ash, and the RSS is about 100k larger.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>