Re: Source build dependencies?

In article <E11jM8I-0002Io-00@polya>,
Julian Gilbey  <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> wrote:

> Oh dear.  I wonder why they are made to conflict and whether there
> would be any way of rewriting the packages so that they can both be
> installed.  Maybe ask the maintainer.

I'd say they both want to install /usr/include/tcl.h and friends as
well as a bunch of (subtly different) man pages.

Actually, this is nothing compared to SuSE, where they had the
brilliant idea of installing Tcl/Tk 8.0's `tcl.h' as `tcl80.h'. Ick.

Anselm
Sometimes you have to look reality straight in the eye, and deny it.
                                                            -- Garrison Keillor