Re: Are you having trouble downloading my pine .debs?

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, David Weinehall wrote:

> Just one question: aren't you violating the license by doing this?

Probably :-) I don't know really.  Other distributions are doing it and
there doesn't seem to be a problem.  Debian is probably just being
extra-anal about the whole thing but hey that's the Debian we know and

> Could
> you at least contact the Pine-people and ask if it's ok,

I think Piotr Roszatycki said he was in the process of doing this.

> and if so, if
> they could consider make their License easier to understand (and if it
> isn't free by Debian demands, it'd be nice if they'd change this, of
> course...)

Several Debian people have tried to do this in the past but the pine
people  don't seem too willing to listen.  Maybe this time around things
will be different.

Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>