Re: Debian archive requirements

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, John Lines wrote:

> > On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 06:36:18PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > > I recently tried to create a mirror of main on a 2GB disk, because I'm
> > > sharing an apartment with several other people who use Debian, so it
> > > would be nice to have a fast archive site.  However, even just
> > > unstable/main/binary-i386 filled up the entire 2GB.  That's insane.

Hmmm... this seems strange to me (unless I have missed something) because
I mirror unstable binary-i386 main contrib non-free and non-us and it is
only about 1.8GB. I have my mirror set up just like a subset of the ftp
tree (symlinks to files under slink and binary-all) and I run mirror every
few days to update it.

Thanks,
Tim