ITP: python-mysql

Hello,

I intend to revive the python-mysql package.  The previous version was
removed from the distribution because it didn't work with newer MySQL
versions.  There exists a new, completely different upstream source
that works with current MySQL versions:

  http://starship.python.net/crew/adustman/MySQLdb.html

It seems to be DFSG compliant (correct me if I'm wrong):

  Copyright 1999 by Comstar.net, Inc., Atlanta, GA, US.

                          All Rights Reserved

  Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
  documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
  provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
  both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
  supporting documentation, and that the name of Comstar.net, Inc.
  or COMSTAR not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to
  distribution of the software without specific, written prior permission.

  COMSTAR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE,
  INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO
  EVENT SHALL COMSTAR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR
  CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF
  USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR
  OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR
  PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

--
Joel Rosdahl <joel@debian.org>   (PGP and GPG keys available)