Re: Debian's GDB still can't handle threads! (or Ada!)

On 27 Oct 1999, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> David> One solution that came up earlier was to offer a package, named
> David> gdb4.17 or gdb-ada-threads or something, that was slink's gdb
> David> packaged for Potato. Slink's gdb works fine on Potato. This
> David> idea only needs a maintainer to upload it.
>
> That's a good idea, I'll check if I can do this easily (i.e. if the
> old gdb still compiles with the newest glibc).

As the maintainer of the gdb package, I object to this package fork.

If you want ada support in gdb, please make it work in the current
(4.18) version. Forking (gdb-4.17, gdb-ada, gdb-ja,
gdb-I-was-too-lazy-to-port-to-patch-to-the-most-recent-gdb, etc...) is
*NOT* acceptable.
Patches are welcome, Whinings and package forks aren't.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:   http://www.openhardware.org        Executive Linux: -