Re: can foiltex be Debianized ?

Christoph Martin <martin@verwaltung.uni-mainz.de> writes:

> Atsuhito Kohda writes:
>  > From: Christoph Martin <martin@verwaltung.uni-mainz.de>
>  > Subject: Re: can foiltex be Debianized ?
>  > Date: 25 Oct 1999 15:45:26 +0200
>  >
>  > > > tetex-base (0.9.990601-1) unstable; urgency=low
>  > > >
>  > > >   * Upstream removes some nonfree packages, so they are no longer in
>  > > >     tetex-base, -extra or nonfree. (foiltex, french)
>  > > >
>  > > > But my main concern is;
>  > > >
>  > > > > Is there any problem on license ?
>  > >
>  > > Yes there is. The maintainer of foiltex did not supply an open
>  > > license, so the upstream maintainer of teTeX removed it.
>  >
>  > I see. Then the supplied license of foiltex is not enough
>  > even for non-free section of Debian ?
>
> That is not the point. I am just packaging what comes with upstream
> teTeX. And since foiltex is no longer in there, it is not in
> tetex-nonfree. There should be no problem to package foiltex
> separately (, if someone does it).

Would give the same answer for the french package? In the past, there
was a tetex-french package. Can you tell me why it has disappeared?

Thank you for your packaging work on tetex,

Chris

--
Looking for a cutting edge           | Christophe Broult
software verification technology?    | <mailto:broult@info.unicaen.fr>