can one divert conffiles ?

Hello all,

Let me explain with examples.

Package foo have /etc/foo.conf as conffiles and package fooA
is an integrated application and fooA contains many commands,
one of which is the binary of foo, say foo.bin for example.

To use foo.bin in fooA, one needs extra settings in
/etc/foo.conf

And we wish we can recover original /etc/foo.conf after
removing fooA.

In this situation can fooA divert /etc/foo.conf to
/etc/foo.conf.org ?

And does diversion work well, that is, on upgrading of
foo, /etc/foo.conf.org is upgraded ?

Or is there any other smart way ?

Thanks in advance,		1999.10.26

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>