Re: nobody/nogroup - ITP maildir-bulletin

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Raul Miller wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 03:49:39PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
>> I am about to develop a package which delivers email bulletins to Maildir
>> mail users.  This needs to be SUID root to deliver mail inside their home
>> directories.
>
>Technically, it doesn't need to be suid root -- it could also be run by root.

The idea of having lots of Postfix configurations running external programs
as root doesn't appeal to me at all.  Postfix doesn't seem to allow different
users for different programs, it's just one UID per external program.

--
I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.