Re: Rename: {a12k12,xmarufont} -> xfonts-{a12k12,marumoji}

At Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:05:50 -0400,
Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

> > Many X fonts packages use xfonts-* as its package name, so I'd like to
> > rename my maintaining 2 X fonts package, a12k12 and xmarufont,
> > to xfonts-a12k12 and xfonts-marumoji.
>
> Sounds good to me.  Full speed ahead, captain.

I've uploaded these and waiting these installed.

> The "bitmap-font" package desperately needs to be renamed, too, but I don't
> know if that is yours.  Even if we didn't have an "xfonts-*" tradition, the
> name "bitmap-font" would suck because there are LOTS of bitmapped fonts in
> Debian.

"bitmap-font" is maintained by Takuo Kitame <kitame@northeye.org>.
I agree it should be renamed to other than bitmap-font, but I've no good
idea about its package name...

Anyway, Takuo, please consider renaming bitmap-font.

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI