ITP: libgsi (General Sound Interface)

>From http://www.xs4all.nl/~whs/gsi/gsi.html:

Introduction

   GSI is an easy to use audio system which can be used over a network
   and which gives applications, through a very simple API, sample
   playing with stereo, 3D, doppler effects, music playing (MIDI, HMP,
   MUS), cd playing and ejecting/changing.

   GSI also contains a separately usable sound/music
   midi/hmp/mus), although saving/format conversion is not completely
   done.

   GSI runs on any unix system that has generic /dev/audio (8000Hz mono
   mulaw), OSS, ultrasound project drivers, or NAS (well, it did once, I
   need to update the NAS stuff), e.g. Linux, OpenBSD and FreeBSD. CD
   playing is dependant on the OS' iotctl's and structs so that probably
   works on linux/*BSD only (solaris may work, as it seems to use the
   same ioctl's/structs as linux).

   The goals of GSI are:
   1. Simple to use
   2. Support all audio devices
   3. No compromises in functionality

   This means, advanced stuff should be possible (with the least effort
   possible), and simple things should be very simple to set up.

It has some confusing licenses and a configuring it will take some
time to set up for autobuilding. Don't expect uploads before freeze.

--
I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone,
and may each of you fry in hell forever.