Re: ITP: qvwm and qvbanner

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Jules Bean wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > >                                                     Also, you can
> > > modify and redistribute this software as far as you are responsible
> > > for the modification.
> >
> > I'm not sure what that means, legally.
>
> My guess is that it is a slightly clumsy translation, and that they
> meaning is 'you can distribute modified versions, as long as you don't
> violate any copyrights on the modification'.

It could also mean 'you can distribute modified versions under the
condition that I deny any responsibility for the modified version and you
accept any such responsibility completely as yours', in other words:
'I don't want to get involved in copyright, patent or warranty trouble
caused by your hacks'.

Yours,

Bj"orn Brill <brill@fs.math.uni-frankfurt.de>
Frankfurt am Main, Germany