Re: Debian's GDB still can't handle threads!

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 11:17:54PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   I am almost at the point of filing a release-critical bug against gdb,
> but I thought I'd ask here first so more people can flame me if I'm an idiot ;-)

You can pump up the severity of an existing bug report about this.

>   Basically, here's the problem: gdb, as distributed by Debian, cannot debug
> threaded programs in any meaningful way.

On Debian GNU/Hurd, it debugs threaded programs just fine. Only under
Linux it is broken.

So, removing the latest version (which we need) is not an option. Maybe
adding 4.17 is.

Thanks,
Marcus