Re: New modutils is breaking things

Previously Gordon Russell wrote:
> I found that the modules.dep file was not even being rebuilt. In fact, to get
> things working, I had to restore the /etc/modutils/paths file (including the
> directory tabs in the path). Looks like something is broken in the default
> module path.

It seems the problem happens when something does add a path-statement.
For some reason that causes the default paths to be ignored. Frankly
this sucks and should be fixed. Technically the problem is not
with modutils, but with the packages that add the path. One should use
this command:

	add path[fs]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/fs

That is, put `add' in front of the path-command. Until all packages do
that I will probably put a keep-statement in the beginning of
modules.conf to enforce this behaviour.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |