Re: Stop archive bloat: 47MB gmt-coast-full_19991001-1.deb

Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org> writes:

> Just found this huge file...
>
> Do we really need a 47MB file that will be useful to maybe 10 people
> using Debian (at most) ? We already fill 5+ CDs...
>
> Phil.

File a bug, that package has to be moved to section data and file a
bug against ftp.debian.org, because section data doesn´t exist yet,
although it was decided to be a good idea on debian-policy.

As soon as section data is present several packages can be moved to
there and mirror sites can be told to leave out data.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin