Re: login clear screen

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Ben Collins wrote:
> Probably because mingetty doesn't support parsing /etc/issue,
> and perhaps since agetty comes with util-linux (which is already
> a base package, mingetty is not).

Not quite sure what you mean by 'parsing'. If you mean the ability to use
\U, \l, \t, etc. in /etc/issue, then mingetty *does* support such beasts.
That's the only thing I could think of that'd be parsed in /etc/issue.
CMIIW.

--Kevin R. Bullock

kbullock@ringworld.org | TheMystic@EFNet
krbullock@csbsju.edu   | Caoimhin@EFNet

"One World, one Web, one Program" - Microsoft promotional ad
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler