Re: login clear screen

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Oleg Krivosheev wrote:
<snip>
> ps does anyone know why mingetty is not default on VCs?

This is something that's been getting on my nerves for a good long time.
We're sucking up memory on default installations (ok, yes, not much, but
still ;p ) by not using mingetty on VCs.

Consider this my vote to change to mingetty :) (of course, leave agetty or
whatever as an option -- but does it really need to be in base?)

--Kevin R. Bullock

kbullock@ringworld.org | TheMystic@EFNet
krbullock@csbsju.edu   | Caoimhin@EFNet

"One World, one Web, one Program" - Microsoft promotional ad
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler