NMU: tcp-wrappers (was Re: Will NMU libwrap0...)

Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org> writes:

> Anthony Towns <ajt@debian.org> writes:
>
> > [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> > On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 08:24:04PM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:
> > > I will NMU libwrap over the week-end to resolve the missing symbols
> > > bug (for which there's a patch in the BTS). I've contected the author
> > > 5 days ago without answer.
> > > Any objections ?
> >
> > (a) No, go ahead.
>
> I'll do that.
>
> > (b) Yes, I'm not convinced that program trying to use libwrap should
> >     be able to get away with not defining allow_severity and
> >     deny_severity.  And in any case I suspect the weak symbols should be
> >     initialised to something meaningful rather than implicitly left as
> >     `0' (LOG_INFO for allow and LOG_WARN for deny are what the other
> >     tcp-wrapper utilities use).
>
> I'll set the defaults to these.

I applied a slightly different patch (no need to create aliases).
The weak symbols are present both in the static and shared libraries.
	allow_severity defaults to LOG_INFO
	deny_severity  defaults to LOG_WARN

The NMU verstion is 7.6-1.1.
Currently in incoming. Should be installed tomorrow.

Phil.