Re: mailcap usage

On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 01:50:41 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> So, should netscape be reading /etc/mailcap on my system?

Yes. But the netscape binaries look for it as /usr/local/lib/mailcap or
somesuch. I believe the current Netscape debs have been fixed to work around
this and use the correct location.

> I'm actually a bit confused about which programs use that file at all; I
> guess mutt does. What else?

I don't have a list handy, but don't forget the stuff in mime-support
itself, like that handy "see" program.

> There doesn't seem to be any priorities specified in that file, so I could
> end up with any one of those three pdf viewers.

mailcap.order(5) is your friend.

> Can anyone tell me if #47256 is actually a real bug? The mime entry
> for xpdf-i

Looks fine for me as well. The bug report is too brief to be useful, wait if
you get additional information; if not, close it.

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking