Re: Strange output from ps

"Raul" == Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

Raul> that you installed the kernel package with the appropriate
Raul> System.map file at least 26 days ago, and you're running that
Raul> kernel?

Heck I can get this error on a freshly compiled kernel-package with a
guaranteed-accurate map:

    # ps ax
    {scsi_ioctl} {scsi_ioctl_Rsmp2gig_86a102d9}
    Warning: /boot/System.map-2.2.13pre7 does not match kernel data.
      PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
        1 ?        S      0:05 init [2]

This started suddenly a few days ago.  Its a SMP laptop kernel if that
matters.

                netgod
   (who compiles like that just to use the term "SMP laptop")

* Cyberlink wants the "I survived makdev, but all I got was
  this lousy T-shirt" T-shirt...