Re: X menus

> > I think Apps/Net should be split into Apps/{Mail,WWW,Chat,...}
> > cause Apps/Net is sometimes too big to fit the screen and
> > it makes problems on icewm(no way to access last positions)
> > (i did NOT report it) and possibly other xwms
> > It would be also more readable then.
>
> The problem is simply that people have installed different amounts of
> packages in each category, so there is no perfect men u structure. I
> have about 5 programs there, so it would be annoying of it was further
> divided.
I have 22 and use 5 of them from xmenu (many console tolls installed there nobody knows why)
But when I wanted to find the best mailer program, irc client etc. i had a plenty of them
and this have caused problems. And this will return after receiving every new version of
debian.

> Have a look at the "Hints" capability of menu. It is attempting to
> solve this in a very elegant way. File wishlist bugs agains the
> Apps/Net packages if they don't include appropriate.

Apps/Net is not a package, have neither version nor maintainer etc.
so I dont know who should I complain about it.