Re: Unidentified subject!

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Kevin Bullock wrote:

> I'm in the process of taking over rtf2latex and latex2rtf, and I'm debating
> the merits of maybe putting them both into one package. Thoughts? How useful
> would this be? Would they be better separate?

I would think that one package would be ideal. I also think that every A2B
converter should come with the B2A converter.

While not very high on my wish list, I would like to see a single package
of all of the filters of this class. At least a suggests that points to a
complete set. I am always having trouble getting from one format to
another cleanly, and almost always end up dumping the current format into
ascii (or .ps and then to ascii) an "hand loading" the text back into
whatever layout environment desired at the moment.

Maybe someone could create an "index" package that had no content, but
identified all of the text format filters provided by a full Debian
system. I'd load the stupid thing myself just to know what was available.

Waiting is,

Dwarf
P.S. If you need some testing of these packages, I have a project that
could use them right now! Let me know if I can help, and certainly when
they are available.