[project] debian-changes --> freshmeat interface

Objective:
  Get all Debian packages listed in Freshmeat with current version and
change information.

Method:
  Write scripts to parse debian-changes emails and generate XML (or a some
similar format) and pass them on to freshmeat (www.freshmeat.net) to get
incorporated into the database.

This should not be too difficult, as most of the pieces are in place
already.  The -changes mails need a little reformatting, and some work needs
to be done on the FM end to incorporate the reports.  The biggest issue is
probably to make everything bug-proof, since corrupting the FM database
would be pretty ugly.

If interested, please drop me a mail.  I have some more information from FM
to pass along.

Nils.

--
Nils Lohner                             E-Mail: lohner@debian.org