Re: dpkg --build and empty directories

On Sat, Oct 09, 1999 at 06:46:51PM +0000, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I suppose, as usual, I am late to this party, and have only just
> discovered that dpkg doesn't include empty directories in debian/tmp in
> the contents of the .deb file. Am I expected to manage these directories
> in the postinst and prerm scripts, or should I just touch a .keepme file
> into those directories before building the package?

Strange...

No, the rest of us are wishing for dh_movefiles to *not keep empty
directories around* after moving files to a different package.

So I'd gladly swap dpkg versions with you, mine's
Debian Linux `dpkg' package management program version 1.4.1.13 (i386 elf).

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed