Re: Uninstallable Packages

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 12:34:35AM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> Alas, the pam_wheel module is not nearly as flexible as secure-su is. So,
> I would argue there is no real replacement for secure-su.
> I have had a setup where the user 'news' has no valid password, yet there
> was one user (the news administrator) that could su to news without typing
> a password.

You could use sudo to replace it. Ummm, a line like:
	user      ALL=(news) ALL
should more or less work.

[user@host ~]$ sudo -s -u news
Password: <user's password>
[news@host ~]$ _

HTH.

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds