Re: ARGH!!! Re: ITP: jnethack

Vincent Renardias <vincent@ldsol.com> writes:

> >  - All messages were translated to Japanese language.

> Can you *PLEASE* try to merge this patch with the upstream version 1st.
> If the patch is done correctly, I see no reason the upstream maintainer
> should refuse it. (And if he does, why should Debian accept it?)

Nethack has no support for multiple languages, and it would take a
major rewrite to let it use different languages.

I can't think of any easy way to merge japanese messages into the
existing nethack code without removing the english.

Speaking of Nethack, it has a y2k problem. I hope it's the only one in
Debian

--
I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone,
and may each of you fry in hell forever.