Re: A simple question about unstable

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 04:11:08PM -0400, Bill White was heard to say:
> Is it possible to upgrade from slink to potato using a 56k modem connection?
> If it takes 650Mb to upgrade everything it is not possible.  If it is,
> my problems are solved, of course.
> Thanks.

  If you pay for bandwidth/time it might not be.  I believe that several
computers I upgraded recently downloaded about 100MB of packages.  (actually,
I downloaded it to one and then copied them around on a local network)  That
was on a 28k connection, but we weren't being charged per minute or per
megabyte so I just let it run overnight.  That might not work for you.

"...vicious Actions are not hurtful because they are forbidden, but forbidden
 because they are Hurtful, the Nature of Man alone consider'd"
  -- from the autobiography of Benjamin Franklin