Re: architectures, endianness

On Sep 29, David Coe wrote:
> Do we have a table/chart somewhere that explains which
> Architectures use which endianness?  Gpart has incomplete
> support for endianness, the beginnings of which are
> implemented as shown below; it behaves as if only i386
> and alpha are little-endian --is that true?

At least on Linux, use /usr/include/endian.h to determine the
machine's __BYTE_ORDER (which will be __LITTLE_ENDIAN, __BIG_ENDIAN or
__PDP_ENDIAN).  Thus there's no need for architecture testing...

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence         |            The Linux/m68k FAQ            |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>    |  http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html  |
|  Political Scientist Wanna-be  |       Visit the Amiga Web Directory      |
|    University of Mississippi   |      http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html     |