Re: mtools

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Dale Scheetz wrote:

[snip]

> Guys, guys, guys...  This is a discussion that was had quite a while ago,
> and which lead to the creation of xlib6. The whole point was that it was
> unnecessary glut to include a console version _and_ an X aware version of
> packages like emacs (and others), when a small library could provide all
> that was necessary to make a single program both console and X compatible.
> xfree86-common is simply a recent way to remove the architectural
> independent pieces from xlib6 and provide them in an independent fashion.

This is ok with me for stuff like emacs (eventhough I'd really become
aggressive if someone removed the vim-tty package.), but when it comes to
mtools, it's only one single file; a daemon (floppyd, if I'm not all
wrong) that needs xlib6g. It'd be simple to extract this daemon from
mtools and create an extra package with just this file, and make this file
recommended by mtools, and make mtools required by the extra-package.

/David Weinehall
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander      \\
//  Project MCA Linux hacker        //  Dance across the winter sky //
\>  http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/    </   Full colour fire           </