Re: Conference! - around the world with Debian

On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 05:05:04PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 07:16:08PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > Really? I don't consider the 1.5kW limit for US amateurs
> > > excessively limiting :-) Down here in Australia we are only allowed 400W.
> >
> > I said private, not licensed or otherwise fooled with.  The limit for
> > completely laissez faire use appears to be about 10mW.  That is six orders of
> > magnitude less than the figure you quote.
>
> Supposedly they give you 100mW unless something has changed recently.
> Still that would get you at most a city block---and not in any city I've
> ever been in.

100mW can do quite a lot. I think 100mW is quite a reasonable
limit for unlicensed operation. In Australia we have a particular
band of frequencies reserved for unlicensed operation (*) up to 300mW.
(*) Actually it's not unlicensed, but operates under a class license
like CB, ie the entire class of devices is automatically licensed.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).