Re: Conference! - around the world with Debian

On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 09:04:46PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 10:57:31PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Mind you, I'm not cheering for the FCC here -- in fact that I think their
> > restrictions on output power for private radio transmitters are hideously
> > excessive -- [snip]
>
> Really? I don't consider the 1.5kW limit for US amateurs
> excessively limiting :-) Down here in Australia we are only allowed 400W.

I said private, not licensed or otherwise fooled with.  The limit for
completely laissez faire use appears to be about 10mW.  That is six orders of
magnitude less than the figure you quote.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   Mob rule isn't any prettier just because