Re: XEmacs21 project status.

From: karlheg@cathcart.sysc.pdx.edu (Karl M. Hegbloom)
Subject: XEmacs21 project status.
Date: 23 Sep 1999 14:40:37 -0700

>  As I mentioned, I will be returning to work soonish... within a week
>  or two.  I just verified that an anon CVS will work from "master".
>  If anyone would like to have a look (please do), you can copy my
>  setup from master and see it.  There's a script you'll need, ala Joey
>  Hess' "sshanoncvs".  The server will stay here, and this is (right
>  NOW) the current state.  Make sure you pull in the right branch. ;-)

I've just granced at it and found that all of my requests seems to be
done. Thank you!

But I found that "*-mule-wnn" and "*-mule-canna-wnn" packages are
built with "--with-wnn=yes", but it should be replaced by
"--with-wnn6=yes". The configure option "--with-wnn=yes" is for
Wnn4/FreeWnn and "--with-wnn6=yes" is for Wnn6. Wnn6 is
upper-compatible with Wnn4/FreeWnn and provides much functionality, so
"--with-wnn6=yes" is better. In this case, you have to install
"wnn6-dev", not "wnn-dev" or "freewnn-*-dev" before building xemacs21.

Just one more request: Could you set up an apt-able staging area or do
an official upload? I'd like to test them as precompiled Debian
packages as well.

>  Was there a release while I was gone?  :-( Wish I'd been ready in
>  time.

Dres has set up his apt-able area recently at "deb
http://va.debian.org/~dres/xemacs21/"; (see also
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9909/msg01575.html). I
hope Dres's and yours are integrated and available in potato soon.

--
Keita Maehara <maehara@debian.org>