Re: problems with the perl5 packages

Le Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 08:22:08PM +0000, Dale Scheetz écrivait:
> was my understanding that this was, in fact, the reason for constructing
> the package names so that they could both be installed at the same time,
> yet they both claim to be perl5!

Of course ! Perl 5.004 is perl5 and perl-5.005 is perl5. Check the version
number ! :-)

The problem with DB::FIle is not at all the reason for having perl-5.004
and perl-5.005. The reason is that perl binary modules work only with the
perl version they have been compiled with (so they have to depend on a
specific perl).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/