Re: Add your location to the developer db so it can be added to the map

Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu> writes:

> --zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O
>
> On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 01:26:19PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > Check out the new map showing developer locations:
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/developers.map.jpg
>
> Nifty!  However I must decry the foul and evil file extension JPG and
> request that JPEG be used instead.  This ain't DOS.
>
> > The marker file used to generate this can also be viewed:
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/developers.coords
>
> Hmm.  I get a 404 on this.
>
> Great work, thanks to everyone responsible for this, it is cool.  We
> probably should whack the old xearth stuff from the site now.

Indeed.

It would be especially good if people could try to get their info in
there in the next week or so, since we appear to have a stand at an
Expo in London (http://www.itevents.co.uk/exhibitions/linux/default.htm)
on the 6th & 7th of October, and a reasonably complete developers map
would be well worth pinning up.

Cheers, Phil.