Re: Announcing debconf, configuration management for debian

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

hamish>On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 02:57:42PM -0600, Scott Barker wrote:
hamish>> dpkg -i <package>
hamish>> dpkg-reconfigure
hamish>>
hamish>> you could just run:
hamish>>
hamish>> dpkg -i --reconfigure <package>
hamish>>
hamish>> I'm probably thinking too far ahead right now, though...
hamish>
hamish>Why would you install the package (which presumably includes
hamish>configuration) and then immediately reconfigure it?

	I often make a mistake during configuration and then want to
reconfigure immediately.  Maybe others are not so careless !

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>