Re: New QMail discussion list.

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 06:51:56PM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> Jon Marler <jmarler@planetsites.com> wrote:
> > I have started a new qmail discussion list.  The purpose of the list is to
> > discuss using QMail as the primary MTA with Debian.
>
> The primary MTA? does that mean that more than one MTA can be installed on
> Debian at once? I thought they all conflicted with each other.

They do ... If you install using the packages, and not by compiling and
installing yourself.

Even when using deb packages, you can have mailx and another MTA installed
at the same time.  This is a common practice as many packages do not
comply with Debian policy and use /usr/bin/mail instead of
/usr/sbin/sendmail as the Debian policy clearly states.  (This is one of
the things we are discussing on the list)

Jon Marler
jmarler@debian.org