Re: Too many kernels in unstable

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Roland Rosenfeld wrote:

> which would reduce the effort of the ftp maintainer and speed up
> upgrading our ftp archive from 2.2.12 to 2.2.13.  The dependencies
> between the kernels and the kernel depending modules could be realized
> using versioned dependencies, couldn't they?
>
> Maybe we should add an unstable kernel to the stable versions above:
>
>         kernel-{doc,headers,image,source}-2.3   2.3.18-<debianrevision>

The problem is that sometimes and for some architectures the 'stable'
2.2 series kernels are less stable than, say, 2.1's, or for some
architectures 2.2.x is stable, for others, 2.2.y... so older versions
shouldn't be removed from the distribution too easily.

greetings
endre

--
..all in all it's just another rule in the firewall.

                                         /Ping Flood/