Re: ProFTPd being lame

Re: all the bug-finding in ProFTPd (I just read the SuSE notice about
it being dropped for lameness reasons, including it *still* being
vulnerable to remote exploit) -- if it is, indeed, *that* bad
(and the common consensus among admins I know is that it is), perhaps
the netkit ftpd shouldn't come with this message..:

  This is the netkit ftp server.  It is recommended for you to use one of its
  alternatives, such as wu-ftpd or proftpd.

Most people I know prefer using the OpenBSD-derived server, because
it seems to be more stable and less buggy than the rest -- why is
it being deprecated by Debian (or Herbert, I don't know) in this
way?

--
Chris <chris@fluff.org>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )