Re: Steve Haslam and Gnome in potato

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 02:02:06PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> does anybody know if Steve Haslam is still with us (is he in holidays ?) ?
> Because he's the maintainer of gnome-core and gnome-libs but source those
> packages are not very well maintained. There are some RCB and many,
> many bugs. I've mailed him last week but got no answer.
> (check http://master.debian.org/~hertzog/qa/report-byscore.html
>  to see the number of bugs)
>
> I'd like that someone package a new upstream version of
> both gnome-core and gnome-libs and check which bugs
> have been corrected. Each upstream bug should be forwarded in the Gnome BTS
> if the bug is still present in the new version. If the bug is debian-only
> then try to correct it. :)
>
> It's time to do it right now, before Gnome 1.0.50 so that all bugs will be
> corrected in Gnome 1.0.50 that will come soon (one or two weeks probably).
>
> If nobody is willing to do it, I'll do it myself.

I'm not an official maintainer, but I have compiled gnome quite a bit, and
have looked at the packages. I'd be happy to help test and configure
new packages for 1.0.50.

PS: if you want to put the debian/* in CVS, I can do that as well.

Frank aka frb

--
Some people claim that the UNIX learning curve is steep,
but at least you only have to climb it once.