Re: Question on grep 2.3-5 for potato

On 16-Sep-99, 10:02 (CDT), Chris Gorman <chrisg@corel.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if grep/fgrep/egrep are meant to be seperate programs
> or, hard links to one binary?  If I take a long listing of the *ep files
> in /bin, they are all 47616 bytes, but they all only have one file
> link.  Do you know if they are supposed to be one binary, and the
> functionality of the grep you use gets determined by the argv[0] value,
> or are my binaries messed up?

I just looked into this -- they are all the same size, but a diff shows
that they are different. A check into the changelog.Debian shows that
they no longer check argv[0], and need to be seperate programs.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read