Re: /opt/ again (was Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was:

>>>Steve Lamb wrote:
 >     Sure I can.  Now, *YOU* tell *ME* why you can't see the similarities
 > between /usr/local and /usr/opt in the above scenerio.  I mean, if /usr is

If it wan't for that the rest of the Unix univere in about 20 years ago
started to use the /opt mhiracy for this you should been right /opt and
/usr/op don't matter. But now we have to think about interopability and
shuch things too. /var I alsom think is a bad name, and i alson think
most of the stuff in /etc maybe should bet better named /cfg and then
maybe /host/cfg, /site/cfg that should have been a loot better names but
then everything shuold also have to change...

/ Balp