Re: /opt/ again (was Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was: ...])

* Steve Lamb said:
> Tuesday, September 14, 1999, 3:53:40 PM, Raul wrote:
> > Actually, the biggest problem with Windows is that it's not a standard.
>
>     But it is.
Oh? Show me an RFC or anything of the kind that makes WIndows standard? The
fact that it is installed on almost every OEM equipment doesn't make it a
STANDARD. Standard is everybody else in the industry follows or implements.
It is not the case with Windows.

> > DOS was, and the MS Office is to some degree, but Windows hasn't been
> > very standard.
That's right. WIndows is actually in a permament state of flux. How can it
make a standard this way?

marek