Re: /opt/ again (was Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was: ...])

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 02:57:07PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>     That is my point!
>
>     Windows is the standard in business computing. So let's all jump
> on the standard, who's with me?

Actually, the biggest problem with Windows is that it's not a standard.
DOS was, and the MS Office is to some degree, but Windows hasn't been
very standard.

There are many parts of the system which are undocumented, for which
source is not available, and which change from release to release.

We, at least, make the source available.

--
Raul