Re: Gratuitous MS Slam (was Re: /opt/ again ([was:...]))

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Steve Greenland wrote:

> On 14-Sep-99, 15:34 (CDT), Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo <jkaivo@ndn.net> wrote:
> > It's analagous to C:\Program Files on a Windows machine.
> > Look, but don't touch. Leave things alone, and they should work.
>
> You have a version of Windows where simply leaving things alone makes
> them continue to work? Where can I get a copy (for work, of course)?

I personlaly don't have any copies of Windows. What I was saying was, if
you muck around in Program Files, you're asking for trouble, and if you
muck around in /opt, you're doing the same thing (whereas, if you muck
around in /usr/local, "If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces").

--
Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo - jkaivo@ndn.net - http://www.ndn.net/
"As time goes on, my signature gets shorter and shorter..." - me