Re: Increasing regularity of build systems

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 04:32:47PM -0400, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> > I think he means that debian/rules should not run configure
> > everytime you execute "debian/rules build". I personally hate
> > porting something, and everytime the build dies and you need to
> > change something small to try and fix it, starting the build runs
> > configure again.

Right.

> Well, I think this seems entirely reasonable.  I swear I don't think
> that the original message made this obvious, but enough other people
> picked up on it, I suspect it's just me.

Sorry I wasn't a bit more clear.

> It will certainly make its way into my packages as I updated them.

Good:-) Joey H, maybe you could put something like BenC's example in
the default rules file created by dh_make - this would be a good way
to propogate this.

--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria