Re: Sponsor wanted [What are you interested in ?]

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 09:01:15AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Yesterday, I posted this thread :
> >I'm looking for a sponsor for the few packages I recently made >available.
> >They can be found at :
> >ftp://ftp.minet.net/pub/giram/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/gr>aphics
> >Sources are available at:
> >ftp://ftp.minet.net/pub/giram/debian/dists/potato/main/source/graphics
>
> As I takes a very long time to get registered as an Official Debian
> Developer, Raphael Hertzog proposed a solution that is sponsorship. This
> solution seems to have been well accepted among all developers.
>
> However, after posting this message yesterday, noone took care of it.
> How can I explain it ? Are people not interested in my packages ? Does
> Debian have already enough developers ? Do you all fear new bugs ?

Jerome,

Please be patient. I'm sure somebody will step forward and look at your
packages. In Debian, people work on the things that interest them
and if it turns out nobody is interested, it doesn't get done.
I have read your packages file and do not know enough about the
subject area to be comfortable with it myself, nor do I have the
development tools needed installed here.

Also your URLs are incorrect -- "main" should be deleted.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).