Re: speeding up the release cycle (was Re: Debian's problems)

Steve Lamb wrote:

> Monday, September 13, 1999, 8:56:21 AM, Peter wrote:
> >>     gs?
>
> > Yeah.  I bet we would not remove gs from a release if it had
> > release-critical bugs (we'd have to fix them).  It's too
> > important of an optional package.
>
>     Ya know, I put the question mark there for a reason.  As in... [What is]
> gs?  Can't be so important then, now can it?

Oh, sorry.

gs is ghostscript.  I consider a postscript interpreter pretty
important.  It's what I use to preview plots on-screen and what I
use to print them, as well as LaTeX, to non-postscript printers.
Debian would be seriously broken without it IMHO.