Re: Debian's problems

> > You've got a point. We do need some way of making Jim developer, with
> > release-critical (indeed, /any/ bugs) filed, realise it's really in
> > his best interests to fix them, though. Perhaps not allowing someone
> > to check in a new upload in unstable until release-critical bugs
> > in frozen are fixed?

I agree with the gentler notification idea; I think it would be
counterproductive to abrbitrarily futz with the upload queues
because of the contents of a database which is subject to error.
Besides, a sane package != the sum of bugfixes against all open bugs,
necessarily.  Bug management is surely slightly more organic than
that...

--
Chris <chris@fluff.org>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )